I'm 27 and strive to be a Terminator, but I'll settle for a screenwriter instead. Spokane resident, nerd, an "eccentric who looks good in jeans."

Sunday, October 26, 2014

PAC CON

This past weekend I was apart of PAC CON.  For the first time as a comic book writer, I got to sit on panels and talk about what I do, why I do it, and how amazing it is.

I felt a little out of place at first. I was on panels with writers. People who write novels, graphic novels, web comics, or fan fiction. Why was I up there talking about the two comics and several screenplays I have done? What gives me the right to be up there too?

I started writing comics because it was fun, I got asked to, and I felt like I was apart of something bigger than me. I have kept writing because I genuinely love it. I would absolutely love to get a job writing for an indie comic publisher. I feel like I would fit in there.

It's so crazy to think of how life has changed for me over the years.

I wanted to direct horror movies. I wanted to be behind the camera. Now I want to write them, make my story alive on the screen. I want to write comics, and be apart of this nerd culture that I hold so close to my heart.

I have a lot to learn, but I know I'm on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment